Posts tagged auspol
there was no “Australian Thatcher”, or rather, the same neoliberalising policies were carried out primarily by the 1980-1996 Labor governments. while the LNP 1975-1980 Fraser government did mark a shift to the right, they were much less thorough at union-smashing, privatisation, and for that matter the marginalisation of migrants than Labor PMs Hawke and Keating — both of whom are seen by large portions of the broad Left as lovable wags. never forget that the policy of mandatory detention of asylum seekers was instituted by Keating in 1992, that the union movement had the guts ripped out of it on purpose by Hawke’s amalgmations, and that they both sold everything they could get their hands on. the rhetoric was a lot nicer but the effects were the same. in other words, fucking stop loving on the ALP already, they’re a pack of treacherous neoliberal arseholes, you’ve been sucked in
just because I’m a feminist doesn’t mean I love Julia Gillard jesus fucking christ I can’t believe you guys are all still on that bandwagon
some of the attacks on her are sexist but she’s fucking terrible
half the people I see posting “go Julia” shit also nod along sagely to critiques of madeleine albright and margaret thatcher and so on as feminist icons, “hmm yes you may be a woman but you’re ultimately a careerist who’s part of a white supremacist capitalist war machine”
it’s the exact. same. thing but you can’t see it for some reason (weird nationalism? the atrociously limited range of opinions represented in Australian media? who knows)
whatever, get over it
Teresa Gambaro - Wikipedia
JOB OPENING: Senior Immigration Armpit Sniffer
The Liberal Party of Australia are a leading provider of homophobic, bigotry and hypocritical services specialising in the management of immigrant bashing in Australia, and currently have opportunities in our Citizenship & Immigration division for registered armpit sniffers with 3 + years solid experience to join our busy and friendly team anywhere in Australia.
Reporting to the soon to be Immigration Minister, Ms Teresa Gambaro, you will be primarily responsible for undertaking corporate immigration work associated with the Australian body odour legislation working with deodorant organisations in sniffing all migrants and migrants-to-be across Australia. Responsibilities include:
• Preparing, collating and lodging (including smelling where relevant) visa applications and supporting documentation with the Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC) and other immigration authorities in and outside Australia
• Migrant sniffing and monitoring of all migrant candidates of all size with immigration authorities until the matter is finalised
• Liaising with deodorant companies, visa applicants and government authorities including DIAC and other immigration authorities in and outside Australia
• Managing a high volume of visa smells in/outbound
• Providing advice and assistance to migrants with respect to deodorant options, eligibility prospects and merits of applications including matters associated with body odours as well as DIAC compliance and monitoring requirements
• Managing client and/or visa applicant expectations and tailoring advice to specific stench of the migrants
• Participating in bathing and deodorant applications to new and existing migrants
• Acting in accordance with the Sniffing Code of Conduct as administered by the Migration Sniffers Registration Authority (MSRA) in Australia and office and risk management practices and procedures
SKILLS: The successful applicant will be a registered migration agent with a minimum 3 years corporate sniffing experience and technical knowledge with respect to the current Australian sniffing law and policy. You must be a team player and self-starter with initiative and drive. You will have strong nasal skills, Australian body odour and time management/organisational skills with an ability to demonstrate a high attention to detail sniffing; must have the ability to work within a team and independently to tight armpits and manage conflicting smells and odour expectations with poise and professionalism.
CONTACT: If you believe you have what it takes to excel in this position, please forward your resume to Tonny Abbott, Recruitment Officer, via the APPLY NOW function. Applications close 31st January 2012.
Gambaro was born in Brisbane, Queensland. She was educated at New Farm’s Holy Spirit School, the All Hallows’ School in Brisbane, and later at the Queensland University of Technology. She was a sales manager, account manager, marketing manager, marketing consultant and tutor in marketing at the Queensland University of Technology before entering politics.
She was appointed Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister for Defence in July 2004, and Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister for Foreign Affairs and Trade in January 2006. In 2007 she was appointed Assistant Minister for Immigration and Citizenship.
In September 2010 she was appointed Shadow Parliamentary Secretary for International Development Assistance and Shadow Parliamentary Secretary for Citizenship and Settlement by Opposition leader, Tony Abbott.
Gambaro made news in January 2012 by suggesting that immigrants are not integrating into Australian culture well enough. She believes that their wearing deodorant is “teaching what are norms in Australia”.
taken from http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Teresa_Gambaro&oldid=470566761 11/01/12